Friday, September 23, 2011

Girl Running

Running these days is almost comical! So, I usually have Tully on his leash and Ayla in her stroller.  Ashton sometimes rides along side, sometimes stays at home.  Recently, I have been encouraging Ashton to try to run some since she is super motivated to make State for swimming.  It is always a crap shoot!  I never know what "Ashton" I am going to be running with.  Sometimes it is my sweet, happy, funny Ashton.  Sometimes she is all business. Then other times this new creature aka the "pre-teen"  surfaces and I swear someone has replaced my kid with another one! Man, hormones are fun!! Not that it is all bad, it just is shocking how different things can be at times.  One example: I give her a goofy look and she says, "WHAT?!" And I get an eye roll.  Sometimes the exact same look will result in an eruption of giggles!  I think this is just the beginning....at least we can always run side-by-side while carving out a new path.

1 comment:

  1. What a thought!!! I just watched the play-by-play of this entire jog in my mind's eye! I couldn't help but chuckle.. We are going to be experiencing much of the same... Virtually at the same time! Love your "take" on it & the attitude you keep! :) Good times.

    ReplyDelete