Friday, September 16, 2011

What a Week

Ayla gets sick with HF&M (yes I am abbreviating because I have serious issues with the "proper" name of the infection) and can't leave the house for THREE days because she is contageous. Ashton gets a fever that spikes at 106... off to the E.R... Strep throat. Three big bottles of some nasty smelling amoxicilian suspension. Lindsay starts to run a fever... back to the hospital... Yep, Strep but instead of an antibiotic course she has to get a GIGANTIC penicilian shot in the left side of her rump roast because she is still nursing Ayla. That evening Ashton breaks out in a crazy burning itchy rash all over. Call the doctor... she is allergic to her meds... Now she has to start a new course of antibiotics and take benadryl every six hours to keep her from trying to tear the skin off her body. All this and I don't have so much as a sniffle or scratch in my throat... lucky me, of course I feel awful seeing them all so down and out. Thank goodness that week is over!

1 comment:

  1. OH NO! Hang in there Papa & the rest of the gang! Hope you are all feeling better this week! Much love from the Mauer clan.

    ReplyDelete